Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Excitement and Horror of Indie Publishing

  So...I did it. I wrote my first novella, had a professional cover made for it, edited by a real editor, read by a few people, and finally, self-published it.


  The experience has been exciting and horrific.


  I'm not sure if I caught all of my grammatical errors, I'm afraid of rejection, and hope it is as good as I thought it was in my head.


  Hell, I'm not even sure if I posted this link right. All in all, it may seem like I'm whining (I am just a bit), but I did it none the less. That's the whole point. I've read countless articles, stories, reviews, and other blogs with various opinions and ideas. What it comes down to is to just do it. If I've learned anything at all, it's that I finally did something I always wanted to do. I love to read, always have and even envisioned myself as a writer and thanks to Amazon, I was able to do so, because I wanted to so very much.
 
  So, my point is if you want to write and publish, then go for it. The experience alone is rewarding and you get to say you're a published author.








The Allotter:The Threads of Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment