Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Own Worst Enemy

  I thought it was a cool story but maybe it wasn't good enough to publish.


  Maybe I'm not really a writer but just a wannabe.


  Is there really an audience for my book/books?


  As an aspiring indie author, I have had my doubts. I've questioned my sanity and have even felt embarrassed to tell family and friends. Hell, I've even downplayed my publishing experience to pretty much...everyone. The fact of the matter is, I'm my own worst enemy.
  I would be a fool to say my first book is perfect because it isn't. Publishing it was an excruciating and tedious process that kept me up all night, made me binge eat, had me nauseous at times, and added some extra weight to my tushy. I guess in a bizarre way it was sort of like having a baby without the nasty birthing process and cute baby at the end.
  I will say that what it did give me was an awakening to a whole other world out there filled with other authors, bloggers, and promotional peeps in different stages of success who are willing and eager to help, guide, and participate in everything and anything you have to offer.
  I thought that initially, my success would come in the form of popularity and income and come on, who doesn't want that type of success. I have found that my success and reward is much more profound than those things. I have found people like me who GET me.
  I know, it sounds silly and sentimental but I don't really care. I'm not even making much out of it financially but exploring new genres and types of books is so rewarding in of itself that it really has kept me, my worst enemy at bay.
  At least for now it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment