Thursday, August 9, 2012

Post spin afterglow

  So I went to spin class last night and have too say that I was actually somewhat successful. What I mean by successful is that I followed the directions yelled out and did not make a fool of myself. Unfortunately, I was the biggest person there. Oh well, what can you do about that, right? I am there for weight loss anyway, right?
  I wore padded bike shorts and an oversized pea green t-shirt. I felt like an egg roll in them. I thought to myself that I should probably apologize for my presence or something of the like. I realized after the class that everyone is too tired to care about what I am wearing, which brings me to my next thought. Am I the only one who feels as though I should apologize for my weight?  How silly is it to feel like you have to ask for forgiveness for being overweight. Crazy. From now on I am not going to apologize. In fact, I am going to make a point of not being embarrassed over how I look, and take more pride in my appearance because maybe then, I will be more successful in my weight loss journey.

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely not feel the need to apologize to anyone! You're taking the right steps to take control of your life and you should be proud of that. I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I try to tell myself everyday to think healthy thoughts!

      Delete